Assistive Technology Exchange Center
Goodwill offers assistive technology solutions that give individuals with communication disabilities a voice and a way to live more fulfilled, integrated and independent lives. We assist children and adults with disabilities to reach their maximum potential via specialized services and equipment.
Gives a voice to a girl who cannot speak, or hands to a young man who has lost his ability to type
Our staff of speech pathologists and rehabilitation engineers evaluate individuals, develop strategies, and provide equipment that enables and empowers our participants at home, school, and work.
Our services include:
- Developing strategies to enable each person to participate more fully in everyday life
- Providing evaluations that result in technology recommendations, equipment set-up and training, technical assistance and consulting services
- Offering equipment loan and reuse, and support to people who are learning how to use assistive technology
- Enabling people who currently don’t have a way to express themselves by teaching them how to use voice and other communication technology tools
- Inspiring greater independence and joy by encouraging successful, ongoing use of assistive tools for speech, hearing, vision loss physical, cognitive and neurological impairment; and other aids for daily living
If you have any questions, please contact us using one of the following methods: